resident resources intern
Resident Resources Coordinator
TYPE OF POSITION
8-10 Hours/Week. Minimum 3 month commitment.
The Resident Resources Intern will work closely with the Resident Resources team at People Serving People in order to better and more efficiently serve our residents. Duties include maintaining a productive Resident Resources program, taking up special tasks assigned by the Resident Resources Coordinator, and helping to update data on a day-to-day basis.
- Explores and learns more about the issues surrounding homelessness
- Maintains high level of knowledge about resident population and passes any updated information onto next shift
- Learn first-hand about homelessness and its many implications
- Gain great experience working with diverse populations
- Acquire valuable customer service, communication and administrative skills
- Experience working with people from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the Resident Resources Intern is regularly required to talk or hear. The Resident Resources Intern is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The Resident Resources Intern is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The Resident Resources Intern must lift and/or move 25 lbs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
People Serving People is an EEO employer fully committed to attracting, retaining, and promoting the most qualified individual without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We are dedicated to providing and maintaining an inclusive work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY
Please mail or email cover letter and resume to:
614 3rd Street South
Minneapolis, MN 55415