Institutional Giving Officer
TYPE OF POSITION/SALARY
10 hrs/wk, minimum 3 months
The Grants Intern will learn how to be a part of the development team, with a focus on fundraising through grant writing, corporate sponsorship, and in-kind donations. The Grants Intern assists in researching and drafting letters of inquiry and grant proposals, researching prospects for People Serving People’s event sponsorships, and works to document grant related organizational processes.
1. Learn about the aspects of events in development in a non-profit setting:
- Utilize research and interpersonal skills to identify potential local and national sources for grants, sponsorships, and other donation types.
- Utilize and grow communications skills by writing and proofing letters of inquiry and grants.
- Learn organizational skills by tracking grants and sponsorships as well as the grant receiving process.
- Take a leadership role in documenting grant related processes to be added to the manual.
2. Learn about being a team player by joining staff in decision making, at events, and through the workplan.
3. You will also have the opportunity to learn new skills and share your skill set with the team.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written etiquette and communication skills
- Highly organized, able to define & prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office
- Must be able to pass a background check prior to start date
Course work or previous experience in journalism, public administration/public affairs, communications, social sciences, business, nonprofits, or a related field preferred.
- Valuable career experience for future employment opportunities and resume
- Academic credit may be arranged through individual college/advisor
- Community networking opportunities with many well-respected individuals.
People Serving People is an EEO employer fully committed to attracting, retaining, and promoting the most qualified individual without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We are dedicated to providing and maintaining an inclusive work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity. Individuals who have experienced homelessness are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Please mail or email cover letter and resume to:
People Serving People
614 3rd Street South
Minneapolis, MN 55415