People Serving People is the largest and most comprehensive emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness in Minnesota and a dedicated leader in homeless prevention. If you want to help transform communities and see families thrive, then People Serving People is the place for you.
What do we need?
The primary focus of this position is the management of People Serving People’s Facilities Department, in compliance with city and state codes and regulations. The Facilities Manager is responsible for the safe operation, repair, maintenance and improvement of People Serving People’s shelter facility and the empowerment and cultivation of Facilities staff.
Responsibilities for Facilities Manager:
- Recruits, hires, onboards, trains, supervises and evaluates the performance of Facilities Department staff.
- Mentors and cultivates Facilities staff for growth within the department.
- Partners with Director of Administration & Compliance and Senior Building Technician to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, quality, and licensing standards issued by OSHA, EPA, and other federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
- Ensures highest level of safety, operational continuity and trauma responsiveness in compliance with all relevant codes and standards.
- Partners with the Senior Building Technician to liaise with government agencies in regard to facility inquiries, inspections, and data requests.
- Partners with the Senior Building Technician to monitor safety devices, equipment and procedures and actively seeks to identify and correct hazardous conditions and practices.
- Partners with the Director of Shelter Operations to develop, manage and steward the department’s operating and capital budgets.
- Promotes engagement with shelter stakeholders to ensure their voice is reflected in the departments’ operations and models authentic engagement for department staff.
- Proactively identifies shortfalls within the department and develops ways to correct them.
Requirements for Facilities Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 5 years of experience conducting performance management and a demonstrated record of nurturing staff and preparing them for advancement
- Demonstrated record of compliance with licensing regulations
- Experience performing and implementing long-range facilities capital planning
- Capacity to use Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Capacity to use Direct Digital Controls and Building Automation Systems
- Ability to secure Special Boilers License within one year, and First-Class C Boiler License within 5 years
- Ability to secure and maintain DOT health card to operate company box truck
- Ability to complete Adult & Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED and overdose response trainings
- Certified Facility Manager (IFMA), Project Management Professional (PMI), Certified Professional Project Manager, or related certification highly desired
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours and report to work after hours to oversee response to facilities emergencies
Pay and Benefits for Facilities Manager:
- $55,000 – $60,000 per year
- Medical Insurance
- Company paid dental, life, and disability insurance
- Start with 27 days of PTO per year
- Reduced cost parking or metro pass
- Reduced childcare rates
- Free lunch every day
- The chance to make a real difference in the community
To Apply and Learn More:
Apply by sending a resume to email@example.com.
Related keywords: Facilities, Operations, Facilities Supervisor, Project Manager