resident resources associate – part time
Resident Resources Manager and Coordinators
1-2 years of college; and 1 full year of experience
TYPE OF POSITION
Part-time (Thursday & Friday, 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm; Saturday, 12:00 pm – 8:30 pm)
The primary function of this position is to provide unsurpassed customer service to People Serving People’s guests by welcoming them into the shelter, providing for their immediate needs, working with them to administer their stays, and ensuring the effectiveness of a 24/7/365 operation at the heart of the largest and most comprehensive emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Responds to guests’ requests for information and necessities.
- Contributes to warm, friendly environment by greeting, smiling and practicing other acts of basic hospitality.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge about guest population and passes information to the next shift via diligent shift crossover meetings.
- Processes intakes and voucher renewals, checks paperwork, makes corrections and verifies accuracy of the room board and audit reports.
- Operates agency computer systems and networks and keeps records current.
- Understands and follows People Serving People and Front Desk policies and procedures and exercises sound judgment when responding to unanticipated guest issues.
- Enforces People Serving People’s rules for guests.
- Records guest issues, warnings and restrictions for Front Desk and Security teams.
- Answers telephone, receives and issues messages for guests in keeping with Data Privacy provisions.
- Documents facility information and submits work orders when necessary.
- Ensure Front Desk and storage areas have inventory and are stocked with guest supplies.
- Assist with organization and cleanliness of lobby area.
- Teams with other departments to provide coordinated guest support.
- Communicates and coordinates with county partners on guest matters.
- Works reliably, independently and effectively without onsite management supervision.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Resident Resources Manager and Coordinators.
- Solid computer skills and experience with Microsoft applications.
- Experience working with CRM preferred.
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification required
- Experience working as part of a team.
- Experience working with people from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Experience working with families experiencing homelessness and/or individuals preferred.
- Knowledge of Hennepin County shelter system preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must lift and/or move 25 lbs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
People Serving People is an EEO employer fully committed to attracting, retaining, and promoting the most qualified individual without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We are dedicated to providing and maintaining an inclusive work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity. Individuals who have experienced homelessness are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Please mail or email cover letter and resume to:
614 3rd Street South
Minneapolis, MN 55415