full time cook associate
Food Services Coordinator
High school diploma or GED
Training in Culinary Arts
TYPE OF POSITION
$15-17 per hour
The primary focus of this position is preparation of food for children and their families served by People Serving People in accordance with all regulations and codes set forth by the Minnesota Department of Health.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Prepares a broad variety of menu items in high volume.
- Assists in menu planning
- Recommends alternative menus.
- Creates new menu items.
- Assists in determining proper quantities of supplies to assure cost control.
- Delivers materials to the proper departmental storage area.
- Works with food service team to ensure proper food handling and storage in accordance with relevant health code and other food safety requirements.
- Assists in ensuring proper sanitation procedures.
- Assists in dish machine area.
- Assists in dining room clean-up.
- Enforces rules of People Serving People.
- Serves as an ambassador to volunteers assisting with meal service.
- Directs the activity of temporary labor.
- Develops and uses knowledge of trauma and its consequences to improve services to families.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Supervisor or Food Service Manager.
- None required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel) software preferred but not required.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a high-volume food service operation.
- Working knowledge of cost control and budgeting techniques, volume feeding, and Minnesota Department of Health food regulations desired.
- Experience working with people experiencing homelessness or poverty preferred.
- Must be able to obtain ServSafe Food Handler Certification within 3 months if not current.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to work for extended periods in a cold environment. The employee is regularly required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must lift and/or move 75 lbs and must be able to stand and walk for extended periods.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
People Serving People is an EEO employer fully committed to attracting, retaining, and promoting the most qualified individual without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We are dedicated to providing and maintaining an inclusive work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity. Individuals who have experienced homelessness are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Excellent working conditions and benefit package including medical insurance, company paid dental/basic life insurance and PTO.
Please mail or email cover letter and resume to:
614 3rd Street South
Minneapolis, MN 55415