k-12 program intern
People Serving People is the largest and most comprehensive emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness in Minnesota and a dedicated leader in homeless prevention. If you want to help transform communities and see families thrive, then People Serving People is the place for you.
What do we need?
We are looking for a self-motivated individual to join People Serving People in a part-time unpaid internship role. The K-12 Program Internship requires between 9-15 hours per week to work with our afterschool program from 3pm-6pm (schedule may vary).
The K-12 Program Intern will work alongside our K-12 program staff to plan and facilitate tutoring and enrichment programs for youth in grades K-12. In addition, the K-12 Program Intern may support staff with family engagement events. We are looking for a creative individual with an understanding of trauma informed principles and/or experience working with youth in the following areas: literacy, social-emotional development, sports and recreation, project-based learning, and relationship and community development.
Responsibilities for K-12 Program Intern:
- Contributes with the development of engaging learning activities and/or project-based learning, for children attending K-12 programming.
- Uses positive youth development and behavior management strategies.
- Organizes and utilizes materials and classroom/facility in cooperation with other program staff.
- Sets up and provides educational programs to meet the needs of children.
- Develops rapport with children and families and encourages participation in educational programs.
- Encourages young people to take their ideas seriously as they become problem solvers, innovators, risk-takers, and creators while developing projects that are meaningful to them.
Requirements for K-12 Program Intern:
- Completed college coursework in one of the following areas: Education, Development, Social Science, Child Psychology, Behavioral Sciences, Recreation or related area.
- Basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft and Apple applications.
- Experience planning and implementing children’s programs preferred.
To Apply and Learn More:
Related keywords: Intern, Internship, elementary, middle school, high school, K-12 programming