early childhood development intern
People Serving People is the largest and most comprehensive emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness in Minnesota and a dedicated leader in homeless prevention. If you want to help transform communities and see families thrive, then People Serving People is the place for you.
What do we need?
We are looking for an individual to join People Serving People in a part-time unpaid internship role. This internship is flexible and requires only between 10-15 hours per week during school hours Monday through Friday.
The Early Childhood Development Intern works with the Lead and Assistant Teachers to provide a warm and loving atmosphere for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years who live at People Serving People. Teachers and interns work together to support the academic and social development of children in the Early Childhood Program. Interns must be able to work in a team setting with patience, enthusiasm and respect for children.
Responsibilities for Early Childhood Development Intern:
- Encourage children’s social, emotional, cognitive, language and physical development skills through positive interactions.
- Assist teachers in implementing a curriculum based on Social/Emotional skills and Literacy.
- Assist with the basic needs of children.
- Follow all center policies and guidelines.
- Work with children experiencing difficulty as assigned.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Lead Teacher and/or Coordinator.
Requirements for Early Childhood Development Intern:
- Coursework in Child Development, Psychology, Social Work, Human Services or related field preferred.
- An awareness of or a desire to learn about the needs of children and families who are homeless and in crisis.
- Experience working with diverse populations and young children preferred.
To Apply and Learn More:
Related keywords: intern, internship, early childhood education, preschool, pre-k