early childhood development program intern
Family Support Services
Infant/Toddler or Preschool Coordinator
Coursework in Child Development, Psychology, Social Work, Human Services or a related field preferred.
TYPE OF POSITION
10-15 Hours/Week. Monday through Friday.
The early childhood development intern works with the Lead and Assistant Teachers to provide a warm and loving atmosphere for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years who live at People Serving People. Teachers and interns work together to support the academic and social development of children in the Early Childhood Development Program. Interns must be able to work in a team setting, with patience, enthusiasm and respect for children.
- Encourages children’s social, emotional, cognitive, language and physical development skills through positive interactions.
- Assists teachers in implementing a curriculum based on Social/Emotional skills and Literacy.
- Assists with the basic needs of children.
- Follows all center policies and guidelines.
- Works with children experiencing difficulty as assigned.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Lead Teacher and/or Coordinator.
- An awareness of, or desire to learn about, the needs of children and families who are homeless and in crisis.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Experience working with diverse populations preferred.
- Experience working with young children preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the early childhood development intern is regularly required to talk or hear. The early childhood development intern is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The early childhood development intern is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The early childhood development intern must lift and/or move 25 lbs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
People Serving People is an EEO employer fully committed to attracting, retaining, and promoting the most qualified individual without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We are dedicated to providing and maintaining an inclusive work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY
Please mail or email cover letter and resume to:
614 3rd Street South
Minneapolis, MN 55415