senior building technician
People Serving People is the largest and most comprehensive emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness in Minnesota and a dedicated leader in homeless prevention. If you want to help transform communities and see families thrive, then People Serving People is the place for you.
What do we need?
The primary focus of this position is the safe operation, repair, maintenance and improvement of People Serving People’s shelter facility, in compliance with city and state codes and regulations. The Senior Building Technician partners with the Facilities Manager to promote safety, continuity of operations and the continual improvement of the shelter facility, and the technical mentorship of Facilities department staff.
Responsibilities for Senior Building Technician:
- Provides technical mentorship and instruction for Facilities staff.
- Serves as technical lead on Facility Renewal Plan projects and delivers them on time and at or below budget.
- Partners with the Facilities Manager to ensure the highest level of facility safety, operational continuity and trauma responsiveness in compliance with all relevant codes and standards.
- Partners with Director of Administration & Compliance and Facilities Manager to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, quality, and licensing standards issued by OSHA, EPA, and other federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
- Partners with the Facilities Manager to monitor safety devices, equipment and procedures and actively seeks to identify and correct hazardous conditions and practices.
- Partners with the Facilities Manager to develop, manage and steward the department’s operating and capital budgets. Tracks progress against People Serving People’s Facility Renewal Plan and partners with Finance to administer fixed assets.
- Partners with Facilities Manager and other relevant staff when scoping projects and sourcing contractors, and serves as technical interface with contractors upon award.
- Proactively identifies shortfalls within Maintenance and partners with the Facilities Manager to correct them.
Requirements for Senior Building Technician:
- 10 or more years’ experience operating and maintaining a complex commercial facility along the lines of People Serving People’s emergency shelter building.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency repairing and maintaining building systems including HVAC, refrigeration, transport, electrical, and plumbing.
- Demonstrated experience using Direct Digital Controls and Building Automation Systems.
- Demonstrated record of compliance with local and state facility codes and regulations.
- Experience contributing to and implementing long-range facilities capital planning.
- First Class C Boiler License.
- DOT health card or ability to get within 7 days of hire and maintain it thereafter.
- Able to complete Adult & Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED training within one year and maintain it thereafter.
- Able to complete overdose response training within two months.
- Must be able to stand for up to eight hours and report to work after-hours to oversee response to facilities emergencies.
- Experience with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, Word and the Microsoft365 suite of applications.
- Experience using web-based Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) and portals for product ordering, compliance, and staff time & attendance.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 lbs.
Pay and Benefits for Senior Building Technician:
- Medical and vision insurance
- Company paid dental, life, and disability insurance
- 27 days of PTO per year
- Reduced cost parking or metro pass
- Parental leave and reduced childcare rates
- The chance to make a real difference in the community
To Apply and Learn More:
Apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.