resident resources manager
People Serving People is the largest and most comprehensive emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness in Minnesota and a dedicated leader in homeless prevention. If you want to help transform communities and see families thrive, then People Serving People is the place for you.
What do we need?
The Resident Resources Manager leads a department that provides for the immediate needs of families experiencing homelessness; partners with families to administer their shelter stays; promotes successful shelter outcomes; and collaborates with other departments and service providers to help families resolve their housing crisis. The Resident Resources Manager makes a direct and daily impact in the lives of families served by People Serving People, and plays a key role in promoting a safe, healthy, trauma-healing and equitable environment at the largest shelter in Minnesota for families experiencing homelessness.
Responsibilities for Resident Resources Manager:
- Supervises the department’s daily operations, including coordination with Hennepin County and other key partners to support families receiving shelter services.
- Supervises department coordinators and serves as second-line supervisor for frontline staff.
- Uses understanding of trauma healing, harm reduction, racial equity, and compassionate accountability to collaboratively shape shelter policies and procedures.
- Ensures shelter policies and expectations are effectively communicated.
- Ensures the safety of families, staff, and volunteers by working with staff to enforce shelter policies and address challenges before they jeopardize families’ eligibility for shelter, and when necessary rendering decisions on guests’ eligibility to continue their shelter stay.
- Ensures that all department policies are implemented consistently and equitably.
- Coaches staff to provide friendly, personalized, and dignified service to all guests.
- Provides quality assurance for department documentation and recordkeeping.
- Partners with staff, supervisor, and People Serving People’s finance team to develop and execute the department’s annual budget.
- Promotes a positive, collaborative, and empowering working environment for staff across the organization. Nurtures supportive relationships with peers and between staff at all levels.
Requirements for Resident Resources Manager:
- 2-5 years of supervision experience of diverse teams and experience engaging authentically with diverse communities.
- Highly competent with the Office365 suite. Experience using Salesforce and the Homeless Management Information System is desired.
- Able to work on call and respond to emergencies after scheduled hours.
- Experience developing and executing operating and capital budgets. Familiarity with grants and experience using grants to fund priorities is highly desired.
- Must have or be able to obtain within six months Narcan training and CPR/AED/First Aid certification.
- Familiarity with the impact of trauma as well as trauma-informed and trauma-responsive practices.
- Experience serving as a member of a leadership group and working on committees or workgroups.
Pay and Benefits for Resident Resources Manager:
- $68,000 – $70,000 per year depending on experience
- Medical and vision insurance available
- Company paid dental, life, and disability insurance
- 27 days of PTO per year
- Reduced cost parking or metro pass
- Reduced childcare rates
- Free lunch every day
- The chance to make a real difference in the community
To Apply and Learn More:
Apply by sending a resume to email@example.com.