front desk associate – part time
Resident Resources Manager, Assistant Manager and Coordinators
2 years college and 1 full year of experience. Alternatively, an equivalent combination of education, training, or experience, preferably in a non-profit setting will be considered. CPR/First Aid/AED certification.
Thursday and Friday 3:00pm-11:30pm, Saturday 1:00pm-9:30pm
The primary function of this position is to guarantee unsurpassed customer service to People Serving People’s guests by performing and providing quality control for all Front Desk activities, and ensuring the effectiveness of a 24/7/365 operation at the heart of People Serving People’s emergency shelter.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Contributes to warm, friendly environment by greeting, smiling and practicing other acts of basic hospitality.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge about guest population and passes information to the next shift via diligent shift crossover meetings.
- Processes intakes and voucher renewals, checks paperwork, makes corrections and verifies accuracy of the room board and audit reports.
- Operates agency computer systems and networks and keeps records current.
- Understands and follows People Serving People’s Organizational polices, Front Desk policies and procedures.
- Exercises sound judgment when responding to unanticipated guest issues.
- Responds to guests’ requests for information and necessities.
- Enforces People Serving Guest’s rules and expectation for guests.
- Records behavioral issues, warnings and restrictions for Front Desk and Security teams.
- Answers telephone, receives and issues messages for guests in keeping with Data Privacy provisions.
- Documents facility information and submits work orders when necessary.
- Stands-in for Security when requested or when deemed necessary.
- Supports department to fill-in shifts when needed.
- Teams with other agency departments to provide coordinated guest support.
- Communicates and coordinates with county partners on guests matters.
- Works reliably, independently and effectively without onsite management supervision
- Coaches & directs volunteers.
- Performs stocking and cleaning responsibilities outlined in 3rd Shift Front Desk Duties & Stocking List
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Resident Resources Manager and Coordinators.
- Solid computer skills and experience with Microsoft applications.
- Experience working with CRM preferred.
- Experience working as part of a team.
- Experience working with people from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Experience working with individuals or families experiencing homelessness preferred.
- Knowledge of Hennepin County shelter system preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must lift and/or move 25 lbs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
People Serving People is an EEO employer fully committed to attracting, retaining, and promoting the most qualified individual without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We are dedicated to providing and maintaining an inclusive work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity. Individuals who have experienced homelessness are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Excellent working conditions and benefit package including medical insurance, company paid dental/basic life insurance and PTO.
Please mail or email cover letter and resume to:
614 3rd Street South
Minneapolis, MN 55415