whole family systems project assistant
People Serving People is the largest and most comprehensive emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness in Minnesota and a dedicated leader in homeless prevention. If you want to help transform communities and see families thrive, then People Serving People is the place for you.
What do we need?
The Project Assistant will support the Whole Family Systems (WFS) Manager and members of the WFS Core Team across various functions. They will work with members of the leadership team to advance special projects. This role requires the project assistant to be onsite and will be permitted to work from home on occasion. This is a temporary role, expected to last 2 years.
Responsibilities for Project Assistant:
- Co-facilitate Family Fellowship sessions and support projects work as needed.
- Support the WFS Manager production needs by preparing and/or editing correspondence, memos, letters, PowerPoint presentations and Fellowship materials. Coordinate internal management meeting schedules and planning, including Core Team meetings, Fellowship sessions, and others as needed.
- Support Family Fellows through their fellowship experience, navigating immersion work with advocacy partners, connecting to resources, and resolving issues.
- Help manage the WFS Manager schedule, calendar, meeting planning, and other logistics to maximize the WFS Project strategic priorities and goals.
- Become familiar with WFS project and project goals.
- Prepare agendas for meetings, create harvests and notes doc from Core Team, fellowship, and other meetings.
- Ensure timely and accurate production and distribution of meeting agendas, notes, and materials.
- Provide service, logistical and technical support for the project.
- Assist members of the Core Team in executing special projects or general program management activities.
- Provide administrative and program support as needed to achieve program goals.
Requirements for Project Assistant:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Familiar with the historical and present-day consequences of systemic racism and willing to apply a racial equity lens in work.
- Strong relationship-building and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly experienced with Microsoft suite including Teams and Zoom
Pay and Benefits for Project Assistant:
- $20.00 per hour
- Flexible Schedule – Must be on-site 3rd Thursdays and Fridays of the month and occasional evenings.
- 5 days of PTO per year
- Free parking or reduced cost metro pass
- The chance to make a real difference in the community
To Apply and Learn More:
Apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.