People Serving People is the largest and most comprehensive emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness in Minnesota and a dedicated leader in homeless prevention. If you want to help transform communities and see families thrive, then People Serving People is the place for you.
What do we need?
The Assistant Preschool Teacher works with the Lead Preschool Teacher to provide a warm, loving atmosphere and classroom based on a philosophy of trauma informed principles and goals. The Assistant Preschool Teacher works with the Lead Preschool Teacher to support the academic and social development of children ages 3-5 years and their parents at People Serving People. This is a full-time role.
Responsibilities for Preschool Teacher:
- Encourages children’s social, academic, and developmental skills
- Welcomes, talks and meets with parents as needed
- Observes and reports on the well-being of children
- Understands the impact of stress and trauma on children in a shelter setting
- Maintains a clean classroom by organizing, cleaning, and sanitizing daily
- Completes classroom planning and facilitation of age appropriate curriculum
- Builds on the trauma-informed framework developed in the classrooms
- Implements sensory integration in the classroom in collaboration with the assistant teacher
- Completes 24 hours of in-service training per year
Requirements for Preschool Teacher:
- BA or BS in Early Childhood, Elementary Education, Child Development or related OR CDA credential, Child Care Specialist Certificate or Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Certificate required. OR 4 years of early childhood experience with 24 quarter credits related to Child Development
- 2 or more years serving multi-cultural, socially diverse population preferred
- First Aid and CPR certified or willing to be certified within first 90 days of work
- Must be able to lift or move up to 50 lbs
Pay and Benefits for Preschool Teacher:
- $20.80 per hour
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life and disability insurance
- 27 days of PTO per year
- Reduced cost parking or metro pass
- Reduced childcare rates
- Financial wellness benefit
- Free lunch every day
- The chance to make a real difference in the community
To Apply and Learn More:
Apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.