People Serving People is the largest and most comprehensive emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness in Minnesota and a dedicated leader in homeless prevention. If you want to help transform communities and see families thrive, then People Serving People is the place for you.
What do we need?
We are looking for a customer service focused individual for our full-time Operations Associate role. This role is ideal for someone who enjoys variety in their work and who wants to learn about the operations of a shelter. This entry-level role requires weekends and the ability to work independently.
Responsibilities for Operations Associate:
- Operations tasks may include cleaning interior and exterior common areas; washing windows; assisting in the cleaning of vacant guest rooms and daily laundering of guest linens and towels
- May assist Food Services department by assisting with meal preparation and packaging along with general cleaning and sanitizing
- May assist the Resident Resources department by helping at the front desk, helping with mail distribution and making copies or scans; and special projects
- Supports in-room delivery of meals served during shift
- Communicate clearly with multiple departments including status updates about work projects
Requirements for Operations Associate:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Facilities, food service, or customer service experience preferred
- Must be able to stand and move about throughout 8-hour shift
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
Pay and Benefits for Operations Associate:
- $17.00 per hour
- Schedule: Sunday through Thursday from 10:00am – 6:30pm
- Medical and vision insurance available
- Company paid dental, life, and disability insurance
- Start with 27 days of PTO per year
- Reduced cost parking or metro pass
- Reduced childcare rates
- Free lunch every day
- The chance to make a real difference in the community
To Apply and Learn More:
Apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related keywords: Operations, Facilities, Food Service, Housekeeping, Shelter