operations associate shift lead
High School Diploma or GED
TYPE OF POSITION
$17.00 – $17.50/hour
The Operations Associate Shift Lead coordinates the work of People Serving People’s Operations Associates and ensures they are available to support the needs of People Serving People’s Food Services, Facilities, Resident Resources and other Departments. The Operations Associate Shift Lead works collaboratively to ensure departments’ needs are met and helps cultivate staff for future opportunities within People Serving People.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Coordinates with departments to identify support needs and assigns tasks to Operations Associates accordingly. Communicates with supervisors and Director of Operations to prioritize requests.
- Communicates clear expectations to Operations Associates
- Manages and communicates the work schedules of each Operations Associate
- Updates the Meal Service tab in the Staffing Continuity section of Teams. Meal service is a high priority.
- Prepares plan of action for staff that are working on a day the shift lead is not at work
- Engages supported departments to ensure assignments are completed in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Communicates to Facilities Assistant Managers and/or Manager any concerns that could lead to action from Human Resources (e.g., work performance, absenteeism)
- Observes workplace health and safety best practices, including wearing appropriate personal protective equipment and following safe food hygiene and handling practices.
- Facilities tasks may include cleaning interior and exterior common areas; washing windows; cleaning and sanitizing high-touch surfaces; assisting in the cleaning of vacant guest rooms and handling of guest belongings; daily laundering of guest linens and towels; and special cleaning and maintenance projects.
- Food Services tasks may include assisting with meal preparation and packaging; general cleaning and sanitizing of the kitchen; working in the department’s industrial cooler and freezer; assisting in inventory operations; and special projects.
- Resident Resources tasks may include staffing the Front Desk, responding to guests’ requests for information and necessities (e.g., diapers, wipes, detergent); answering and transferring phone calls; helping with mail distribution and making copies or scans; and special projects.
- Supports in-room delivery of meals served during shift.
- Develops an understanding of trauma and how it manifests in a shelter setting.
- Participates in training and professional development opportunities
The Operations Associate Shift Lead coordinates the work of Operations Associates and other staff augmenting operations, and provides input to the Facilities Manager, Facilities Assistant Manager, Educational Services Manager, and Early Childhood Assistant Manager in support of performance reviews.
Basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, Teams, Word and the Office365 suite of applications desired.
- Experience coordinating schedules and tasks desired.
- Facilities, food service or customer service experience desired.
- Must be able to stand for up to eight hours.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must lift and/or move 50 lbs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
People Serving People is an EEO employer fully committed to attracting, retaining, and promoting the most qualified individual without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We are dedicated to providing and maintaining an inclusive work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity. Individuals who have experienced homelessness are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Excellent working conditions and benefit package including medical insurance, company paid dental/basic life insurance and PTO.
Please mail or email cover letter and resume to:
614 3rd Street South
Minneapolis, MN 55415