meal service captain
Food Services Manager
High School graduate or GED, or demonstrated experience in customer service.
TYPE OF POSITION
The primary focus of this position is supporting the full range of People Serving People’s meal service operations. The Meal Service Captain performs a range of tasks that enable the Food Services Department to deliver three nutritious meals daily at People Serving People’s emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness as well as meal delivery to People Serving People’s shelter-based and offsite early learning programs. The Meal Service Captain also plays an important role in guest engagement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Arrives for shift on time and ready to work.
- Check daily menus and prepare daily delivery registers. Help update menu board programming.
- Identify prohibited foods for guests with allergies using allergy intake surveys, notify kitchen staff of number and type of special food allergy meals, pre-label containers for food allergy meals and record food allergies on daily delivery registers.
- Transfer previous data to Child & Adult Care Food Program sheets and file correctly.
- Stock supplies onto cold carts. When stocking milk, use proper rotation and check dates, count and record beginning and ending number, and check and record beginning and ending temperature.
- Support meal delivery by verifying menu items; taking/recording temperatures of hot and cold items; verifying allergen meals are in property quantity and not at risk of cross contamination; ensuring meal delivery crew has proper PPE and two-way radios; deliver and accurately record number of meals delivered; taking and recording food temperatures at halfway point; communicating additional meal needs to kitchen; tallying and reporting total meal count to chef in charge; and cleaning/sanitizing all delivery equipment.
- Assist with congregate meal service during scheduled hours. Clean line upon completion of meal service and ensure serving line is well stocked with supplies. Participate inventory and organization and assist with meal preparation for the following day.
- Ensure Center of Excellence meals are available for pickup on schedule and deliver snack and meal cart, trays and utensils to onsite early learning program.
- Help schedule meal delivery teams and train new delivery team members.
- Complete monthly guest satisfaction surveys and shelter/volunteer outreach activities.
- Assist with special guest requests.
- None required
- Basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, Word and the Office365 suite of applications desired.
- Strong customer service background desired, preferably in the food industry.
- Comfortable and organized with detailed paperwork.
- Must identify as a strong team leader and be willing to train and develop crew members.
- Willing to be trained on and apply principles of trauma-informed care and racial equity.
- Willing to enforce policies amongst staff and guests.
- Must be physically capable of pushing and cleaning delivery equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to work for extended periods in a cold environment. The employee is regularly required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must lift and/or move 75 lbs and must be able to stand and walk for extended periods.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
People Serving People is an EEO employer fully committed to attracting, retaining, and promoting the most qualified individual without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We are dedicated to providing and maintaining an inclusive work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity. Individuals who have experienced homelessness are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Excellent working conditions and benefit package including medical insurance, company paid dental/basic life insurance and PTO.
Please mail or email cover letter and resume to:
614 3rd Street South
Minneapolis, MN 55415