marketing project coordinator
People Serving People is the largest and most comprehensive emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness in Minnesota and a dedicated leader in homeless prevention. If you want to help transform communities and see families thrive, then People Serving People is the place for you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Marketing Project Coordinator is an essential member of the Development team. The focus of this position will be on events and project management, from planning to implementation. These events include an annual gala, digital fundraising campaigns, opportunities in the community, and third-party events. This position will also collaborate with the Community Relations Manager to provide communications and marketing support.
This position is full-time. Hours are generally Monday- Friday 9 am- 5 pm with some nights and weekends required for special programs and events.
- Serve as primary project manager for multiple events, including the annual gala, other fundraising opportunities, community activities, and digital campaigns
- Lead event operations, logistics, and implementation for fundraising events, community activities, and digital campaigns
- Establish and manage relationships with vendors, community partners, and other departments
- In partnership with team, plan and create visual, written, and online material and content for events, including promotional material, scripts, videos, and supporter recognition
- Establish and manage event and project budgets
- In collaboration with the Community Relations Manager, coordinate the logistics of media and communications opportunities, including interviews, photo/video shoots, and press conferences
- Assist in engaging mainstream and new media outlets in the work of People Serving People and its partners, including securing media coverage
- Represent People Serving People at events and community opportunities
- As needed, create and publish written and visual content for social media, newsletters, press releases, stakeholder communications, and other efforts
- Bachelor’s degree or two or more years of experience doing a variety of the essential job functions.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple self-guided projects and tasks within a deadline.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required.
- Proficiency with multiple social media channels and best practices preferred.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, WordPress, photo and video editing preferred.
PAY & BENEFITS
- $22.50 per hour
- Medical and vision insurance available
- Company paid dental, life, and disability insurance
- Start with 27 days of PTO per year
- Reduced cost parking or metro pass
- Reduced childcare rates
- Free lunch on-site
Apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We will begin reviewing applications immediately and interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis.
BIPOC and individuals with lived experience of housing instability or homelessness are encouraged to apply.
Related keywords: Project Management, Communications, Marketing, Events, Social Media, Photography, Videography, Journalism, Fundraising.