maintenance associate/assistant driver
High School Diploma or GED
Preferred: Vocational school certificate in plumbing, electricity or building maintenance desired.
TYPE OF POSITION
Signing bonus: $2,000
The primary focus of this position is to ensure the repair and maintenance of People Serving People’s Emergency Shelter facility and to operate People Serving People’s vehicle fleet.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Preserve the cosmetic repair and safety of the building
- Perform general repairs by completing work orders
- Assist in maintaining storage and work areas
- Support Maintenance Coordinator in keeping an updated list of projects needing to be completed
- Work with the Maintenance Coordinator and Manager in constructing and implementing a Preventative Maintenance Plan
- Assist in driving company vehicles: 3/4 ton pick-up, 20ft box truck, and minivan for pick up and deliveries
- Perform seasonal snow removal using a snowplow, power brush and snow blower
- Assist the Lead Driver/Inventory Associate in maintaining donation inventory
- Diagnose and solve maintenance issues in the building
- Perform general maintenance of building equipment
- Work with and learn from contractors during emergency and regular service
- Coordinate with other departments regarding work orders and projects affecting their operations and programming
- Develop an understanding of trauma and use knowledge to guide interactions with and support to families served
- Take active interest in the future of People Serving People
- Assist the Maintenance department in any area deemed necessary
Supervise volunteers when needed
DOT Health Card must be attainable, must be able to serve on-call when required, must be comfortable working with information technology including Microsoft Office programs and Internet-based applications
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must lift and/or move 50 lbs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
People Serving People is an EEO employer fully committed to attracting, retaining, and promoting the most qualified individual without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We are dedicated to providing and maintaining an inclusive work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity. Individuals who have experienced homelessness are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Excellent working conditions and benefit package including medical insurance, company paid dental/basic life insurance and PTO.
Please mail or email cover letter and resume to:
614 3rd Street South
Minneapolis, MN 55415