lead toddler teacher
People Serving People is the largest and most comprehensive emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness in Minnesota and a dedicated leader in homeless prevention. If you want to help transform communities and see families thrive, then People Serving People is the place for you.
What do we need?
The Lead Toddler Teacher works to provide a warm, loving atmosphere and classroom based on a philosophy of trauma informed principles and goals. The Lead Toddler Teacher works to support the academic and social development of children ages 18 months – 35 months and their parents at People Serving People. Must be able to work and plan in a team setting, with patience, enthusiasm and respect for children, as well as parents and fellow staff. Must have working knowledge of early childhood development.
Responsibilities for Lead Toddler Teacher:
- Encourages children’s social, academic, and developmental skills
- Welcomes, talks and meets with parents as needed
- Observes and reports on the well-being of children
- Understands the impact of stress and trauma on children in a shelter setting
- Maintains a clean classroom by organizing, cleaning, and sanitizing daily
- Completes classroom planning and facilitation of age appropriate curriculum
- Builds on the trauma-informed framework developed in the classrooms
- Implements sensory integration in the classroom in collaboration with the assistant teacher
- Completes 24 hours of in-service training per year
Requirements for Lead Toddler Teacher:
- 3 or more years’ experience in childcare or school setting required.
- CDA, Associates in child development or early childhood education, or bachelor’s in any field
- 2 or more years serving multi-cultural, socially diverse population preferred
- First Aid and CPR certified or willing to be certified within first 90 days of work
- Must be able to lift or move up to 50 lbs
Pay and Benefits for Lead Toddler Teacher:
- $21.00 per hour
- Medical and vision insurance available
- Company paid dental, life, and disability insurance
- 27 days of PTO per year
- Reduced cost parking or metro pass
- Reduced childcare rates
- Free lunch every day
- The chance to make a real difference in the community
To Apply and Learn More: