lead preschool teacher
Center of Excellence
Center of Excellence Directors
TYPE OF POSITION
$17.25 per hour plus a $2,000 hiring bonus
Required: 4 to 8 college credits and a year experience in a childcare or school setting. Preferred: BA or BS in Early Childhood, Elementary Education, Child Development or related field.
The Lead Preschool Teacher supervises the volunteers, interns and practicum students.
The Lead Preschool Teacher runs the preschool classroom based on a philosophy of trauma informed principles and culturally responsive care. The teacher will work together to provide a warm, loving, atmosphere, and support the development of children ages 3 – 5 years and their parents. Must be able to work and plan in a team setting, with patience, enthusiasm and respect for children, as well as parents and fellow staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Understanding child development and milestones and helps children reach those goals
- Implement curriculum and help children reach goals in every learning domain
- Understanding how trauma and life experiences can affect child development
- Working as part of a team who cares for all children and families
- Having the ability to keep records, hold conferences, and apply assessments
- Assists in other Early Childhood Development Program classrooms as necessary for ratio, including classrooms at People Serving People.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Skills in behavior management approaches
- Competency in recognizing child’s basic needs and providing those
- Ability to successfully work with parents and caregivers
Basic computer and iPad skills and experience with Microsoft applications.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must lift and/or move 30 lbs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can be loud at times.
People Serving People is an EEO employer fully committed to attracting, retaining, and promoting the most qualified individual without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We are dedicated to providing and maintaining an inclusive work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity. Individuals who have experienced homelessness are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Please mail or email cover letter and resume to:
614 3rd Street South
Minneapolis, MN 55415