k-12 program coordinator
People Serving People is the largest and most comprehensive emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness in Minnesota and a dedicated leader in homeless prevention. If you want to help transform communities and see families thrive, then People Serving People is the place for you.
What do we need?
The K12 Program Coordinator is responsible for development, facilitation, and supervision of our K-12 after school program and includes collaborating with community partners to facilitate and enhance youth events at People Serving People. Our K12 Program Coordinator will provide a stable, and safe learning environment and will also work to plan and support special events.
Responsibilities for K-12 Program Coordinator:
- Supervise the K-12 Program Associates.
- Interview, hire, train, and schedule all new staff and unpaid interns for the afterschool programs
- Implement and supervise high quality educational programming for all Teens and Elementary Age children including during school breaks and as needed.
- Complete daily and monthly statistics for the K-12 programs
- Plan and organize events for families and youth.
- Seek out and develop relationships with Community Partners in collaboration with the Community Engagement Manager.
- Develop rapport with families and children, and encourage participation in programs available to guests.
Requirements for K-12 Program Coordinator:
- 1 to 2 years of experience required working with youth in grades K-12.
- 2- or 4-year degree in education, child and or youth development, or related field required.
- Prior experience serving a multi-cultural and socially diverse population highly preferred.
- Prior experience working with people with mental illness or people experiencing homelessness preferred.
Pay and Benefits for K-12 Program Coordinator:
- $19.75 per hour
- Schedule: 10:00am – 6:30pm Monday through Friday
- Medical & vision insurance available
- Company paid dental, life, and disability insurance
- Start with 27 days of PTO per year
- Reduced cost parking or metro pass
- Reduced childcare rates
- Free lunch every day
- The chance to make a real difference in the community
To Apply and Learn More:
Apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.