isolation site support associate – temporary
Isolation Site Manager
High School Diploma or GED
TYPE OF POSITION
Thursday through Sunday 11:30AM-10:00PM
$30.00/hour (Note: Wage includes $15.00/hour base pay plus site-specific premium pay)
The primary focus of this position is support to the Hennepin County COVID-19 family isolation site operated by People Serving People, in partnership with Haven Housing and Beacon Interfaith Collaborative. The position performs vital tasks needed to serve families awaiting screening for or recovering from COVID-19. This is a temporary position – no less than 60 days and until closure of Isolation Site. Incumbent will be considered for permanent position at People Serving People but if selected would not be eligible for Isolation Site premium pay following reassignment from or closure of site.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Arrives for shift on time and ready to work.
- Observes workplace health and safety best practices, including wearing appropriate personal protective equipment and following standard operating procedures designed to safeguard staff and guests.
- Communicates health and safety concerns to supervisor in a timely and accurate manner.
- Lead meal, snack and supply distribution and conduct attendance at meal/snack times and as needed.
- Identify resident resource and support needs, and work with site leadership and partners to meet them.
- Perform site sanitizing and decontamination tasks as needed.
- Coordinate with security, hotel staff, contract cleaners and other partners.
- Ensure site documentation is timely, accurate, and secure, including but not limited to site roster(s) and other continuity records.
- Participate in staff huddles and weekly crossover meetings.
- Participate in resupply operations and inventory management.
- Partner with teammates to brainstorm and implement solutions to new and emerging issues and needs.
- Maintain site and resident confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, Word and the Office365 suite of applications (especially Teams) is highly desired.
- Must be able to operate the site’s vehicle for resupply operations.
- Experience working in a shelter for people experiencing homelessness or congregate care facility is highly desired.
- Experience working in an environment requiring personal protective equipment is highly desired.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must lift and/or move 75 lbs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
People Serving People is an EEO employer fully committed to attracting, retaining, and promoting the most qualified individual without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We are dedicated to providing and maintaining an inclusive work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity. Individuals who have experienced homelessness are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Excellent working conditions and benefit package including medical insurance, company paid dental/basic life insurance and PTO.
Please mail or email cover letter and resume to:
614 3rd Street South
Minneapolis, MN 55415