People Serving People is the largest and most comprehensive emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness in Minnesota and a dedicated leader in homeless prevention. If you want to help transform communities and see families thrive, then People Serving People is the place for you.
What do we need?
The primary focus of the Inventory Specialist is to work with the Culinary Services Manager/Assistant Manager to manage specific areas for all inventory and to maintain organized, safe, and clean storage spaces. This role is critical in having the supplies needed to prepare delicious meals for those served by People Serving People.
Responsibilities for Inventory Specialist:
- Inventory control applying FIFO process.
- Receive, store, rotate deliveries and culinary inventory including purchased items and donations
- Ensure that inventories are checked against invoices.
- Record donation amounts and complete documentation.
- Ensure all items in cold storage areas are properly stored, covered, dated and within proper use-by parameters.
- Monitor inventory levels and alert manager when inventory drops below par levels.
- Assist Facilities department with inventory management and processing donations.
Requirements for Inventory Specialist:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent – preferred training in culinary arts.
- 2-3 years in high volume food service operation preferred.
- Knowledge of health, food safety and sanitation standards.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs frequently.
- Must be able to push/pull up to 400 lbs on a flat bed dolly or pallet jack.
- Must be able to work in variable temperatures including freezer, cooler.
- Must be able to obtain ServSafe Food Handler Certification within 3 months if not current or already received.
Pay and Benefits for Inventory Specialist:
- Medical and vision insurance available
- Company paid dental, life, and disability insurance
- 27 days of PTO per year
- Reduced cost parking or metro pass
- Parental leave and reduced childcare rates
- Free lunch every day
- The chance to make a real difference in the community
To Apply and Learn More: