People Serving People is the largest and most comprehensive emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness in Minnesota and a dedicated leader in homeless prevention. If you want to help transform communities and see families thrive, then People Serving People is the place for you.
What do we need?
We are looking for an Infant Teacher to provide a warm, loving atmosphere and classroom to support the academic and social development of children ages 6 weeks to 18 months. The Infant Teacher will work closely with the Lead Infant Teacher and will demonstrate patience, enthusiasm, and a respect for children as well as parents and fellow staff.
Responsibilities for Infant Teacher:
- Participates in planning and facilitation of curriculum for young children in a developmentally appropriate setting based heavily in social-emotional development.
- Assists with encouraging children’s social, academic, developmental, and personal skills.
- Welcomes, talks with and/or meets with parents as needed.
- Observes and reports on physical, emotional, intellectual and social development of children.
- Maintains clean classroom appearance by organizing, cleaning, and sanitizing daily.
- Assists in other Center of Excellence Program classrooms as necessary for ratio.
- Completes 24 hours of yearly in-service training
Requirements for Infant Teacher:
- Must have 2 years of early childhood experience with 24 quarter credits related to Child Development OR a 4-year degree in Early Childhood or related field OR Childhood Development related credential.
- Prior experience working in early childhood strongly preferred.
- Prior experience serving a multi-cultural and socially diverse population preferred.
- First Aid and CPR certified or willing to be certified within first 90 days of work.
Pay and Benefits for Infant Teacher:
- $20.00 per hour
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, day shift
- Medical and vision insurance available
- Company paid dental, life, and disability insurance
- Start with 27 days of PTO per year
- Reduced cost parking or metro pass
- Reduced childcare rates
- Free lunch every day
- The chance to make a real difference in the community
To Apply and Learn More:
Related keywords: teacher, early childhood, childhood development, toddler, preschool