front desk associate – part time
Resident Resources Manager, Assistant Manager and Coordinators
2 years of college and at least 1 full year of experience.
Thursday and Friday 3:00pm–11:30pm, Saturday 12:00pm–8:30pm
The primary function of this position is to guarantee unsurpassed customer service to People Serving People’s guests by performing and providing quality control for all Front Desk activities, and ensuring the effectiveness of a 24/7/365 operation at the heart of People Serving People’s emergency shelter.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Contributes to warm, friendly environment by greeting, smiling and practicing other acts of basic hospitality.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge about guest population and passes information to the next shift via diligent shift crossover meetings.
- Processes intakes and voucher renewals, checks paperwork, makes corrections and verifies accuracy of the room board and audit reports.
- Operates agency computer systems and networks and keeps records current.
- Understands and follows People Serving People’s Organizational polices, Front Desk policies and procedures.
- Exercises sound judgment when responding to unanticipated guest issues.
- Responds to guests’ requests for information and necessities.
- Enforces People Serving Guest’s rules and expectation for guests.
- Records behavioral issues, warnings and restrictions for Front Desk and Security teams.
- Answers telephone, receives and issues messages for guests in keeping with Data Privacy provisions.
- Documents facility information and submits work orders when necessary.
- Stands-in for Security when requested or when deemed necessary.
- Support department to fill-in shifts when needed.
- Teams with other agency departments to provide coordinated guest support.
- Communicates and coordinates with county partners on guests matters.
- Works reliably, independently and effectively without onsite management supervision
- Coaches & directs volunteers.
- Performs stocking and cleaning responsibilities outlined in 3rd Shift Front Desk Duties & Stocking List
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Resident Resources Manager and Coordinators.
Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Is able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Reports to work on time; Provides ample notice of time off; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Crisis Management – Demonstrates ability to assess a potentially dangerous situation, keeping in mind residents’ rights as well as larger agency goals for safety and humane treatment of all people involved, to gain residents’ confidence, and assist in defusing potentially threatening situations and to intervene in crisis situations.
Stress Management – Demonstrates capacity to maintain personal control and a balanced approach to stressful conditions.
Tolerance – Demonstrates ability to work with diverse cultural and socio-economic disadvantaged individuals and families.
- Solid computer skills and experience with Microsoft applications.
- Experience working with CRM preferred.
- Experience working as part of a team.
- Experience working with people from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Experience working with homeless families and/or individuals preferred.
- Knowledge of Hennepin County shelter system preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must be able to lift and/or move 25 lbs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
People Serving People is an EEO employer fully committed to attracting, retaining, and promoting the most qualified individual without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We are dedicated to providing and maintaining an inclusive work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity. Individuals who have experienced homelessness are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Excellent working conditions and benefit package including medical insurance, company paid dental/basic life insurance and PTO.
Please mail or email cover letter and resume to:
614 3rd Street South
Minneapolis, MN 55415