food services utility associate
Food Services Coordinators
High school diploma or GED. Training in Culinary Arts.
TYPE OF POSITION
$15.50 – $16.50/hour
The primary focus of this position is to store, rotate and recycle food in accordance with all regulations and codes set forth by the State Health Department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Assists in determining proper quantities or supplies to assure cost control.
- Delivers materials to the proper departmental storage area.
- Works with food service team to ensure proper food handling and storage temperatures.
- Assists in dish machine area.
- Assists in ensuring proper sanitation procedures.
- Assists in dining room clean-up.
- Sort food products for recycling.
- Ensures proper storage of food and chemical supplies.
- Assists in loading and unloading food products from vehicles.
- Maintains a temperature log of stored and incoming food products.
- Takes video recording of all donated food products.
- Enforces rules of People Serving People.
- Assists other team members in closing duties.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Supervisor or Food Service Manager.
- None required
- Ability to check an email account.
- Ability to be on feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in cold environment 60 percent of the time.
- Serve safe sanitation certification within 6 months.
- Pallet jack proficient.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to work for extended periods in a cold environment. The employee is regularly required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must lift and/or move 75 lbs and must be able to stand and walk for extended periods.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
People Serving People is an EEO employer fully committed to attracting, retaining, and promoting the most qualified individual without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We are dedicated to providing and maintaining an inclusive work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity. Individuals who have experienced homelessness are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Excellent working conditions and benefit package including medical insurance, company paid dental/basic life insurance and PTO.
Please mail or email cover letter and resume to:
614 3rd Street South
Minneapolis, MN 55415