High School Diploma or GED
Preferred: Vocational school certificate in plumbing, electricity, building maintenance, or housekeeping desired.
TYPE OF POSITION
40 hours/week; Sunday through Thursday and On-Call Availability
The primary focus of this position is the general maintenance of the interior and exterior of the facility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Performs general maintenance of the building and equipment.
- Maintains the general cleanliness of the interior and exterior of the building including, but not limited to; sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, washing windows, emptying trashes and cleaning restrooms.
- Assists in the daily laundering of guest linens and towels.
- Cleans empty and dirty rooms when needed.
- Leads volunteers and contracted temporary workers.
- Applies lessons learned in Trauma Informed Care trainings into daily interactions with guests.
- Ability to be on call in times of need.
- Perform general maintenance task as assigned by supervisor.
Supervise volunteers, as needed
- One year experience in the Facilities field.
- Must have dependable transportation during on-call periods.
- Experience working in residential properties desired.
- Physical ability for high mobility.
- Experience working as part of a team.
- Experience working with people from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Experience working with homeless families and/or individuals preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must lift and/or move 50 lbs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
People Serving People is an EEO employer fully committed to attracting, retaining, and promoting the most qualified individual without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We are dedicated to providing and maintaining an inclusive work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity. Individuals who have experienced homelessness are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Excellent working conditions and benefit package including medical insurance, company paid dental/basic life insurance and PTO.
Please mail or email cover letter and resume to:
614 3rd Street South
Minneapolis, MN 55415