People Serving People is the largest and most comprehensive emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness in Minnesota and a dedicated leader in homeless prevention. If you want to help transform communities and see families thrive, then People Serving People is the place for you.
What do we need?
We are looking for a self-motivated individual to join the facilities team in to perform general maintenance of the building and equipment to keep People Serving People an inviting and welcoming place for families experiencing homelessness. This is a full-time role.
Responsibilities for Facilities Associate:
- Performs general maintenance of the building and equipment.
- Maintains the general cleanliness of the interior and exterior of the building including, but not limited to; sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, washing windows, emptying trashes and cleaning restrooms.
- Assists in the daily laundering of guest linens and towels.
- Cleans empty and dirty rooms when needed.
- Leads volunteers and contracted temporary workers.
- Applies lessons learned in Trauma Informed Care trainings into daily interactions with guests.
- Ability to be on call in times of need.
- Perform general maintenance task as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist in driving the box truck for donation pick-ups when needed.
- Assist in meal service when necessary.
Requirements for Facilities Associate:
- 1 to 2 years of experience working in maintenance or facilities.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Must have or be able to obtain DOT health card within 30 days of hire.
- Experience with equipment maintenance, electrical, plumbing or other skilled trade desired.
- Experience working with residential properties desired.
Pay and Benefits for Facilities Associate:
- $17.50 per hour
- Medical Insurance
- Company paid dental, life, and disability insurance
- Start with 27 days of PTO per year
- Reduced cost parking or metro pass
- Paid parental leave and reduced childcare rates
- Free lunch every day
- The chance to make a real difference in the community
To Apply and Learn More:
Related keywords: residential, maintenance, property management