events & fundraising intern
Volunteer and Events Manager
TYPE OF POSITION/SALARY
10 hrs/wk, minimum 3 months
The Events and Fundraising Intern will learn how to be a part of the development team, with a focus on the planning and implementation of fundraising and friendraising events, such as our annual Gala, house parties, or Chefs for Change dinners.
1. Learn about the aspects of events in development in a non-profit setting:
• Utilize interpersonal skills to identify prospects and solicit donations for events.
• Utilize and grow communications skills by writing donation requests, thank you letters, and preparing mailings.
• Further grow communication skills by creating event displays, brochures and other print materials.
• Learn organizational skills by tracking sponsorships and donations.
• Take a leadership role in the solicitation process by working with the team to arrange for pick-up of donated items.
2. Learn about being a team player by joining staff at weekend and evening events to engage the community.
3. You will also have the opportunity to learn new skills and share your skill set with the team.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Excellent phone etiquette
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Highly organized, able to define & prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
• Proficient in MS Office
• Must be able to pass a background check prior to start date
Course work or previous experience in public relations, communications, marketing, event planning, or non-profit organization preferred.
• Valuable career experience for future employment opportunities and resume
• Academic credit may be arranged through individual college/advisor
• Community networking opportunities with many well-respected individuals.
People Serving People is an EEO employer fully committed to attracting, retaining, and promoting the most qualified individual without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We are dedicated to providing and maintaining an inclusive work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity. Individuals who have experienced homelessness are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Please mail or email cover letter and resume to:
People Serving People
614 3rd Street South
Minneapolis, MN 55415