k12 program associate – part-time
People Serving People is the largest and most comprehensive emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness in Minnesota and a dedicated leader in homeless prevention. If you want to help transform communities and see families thrive, then People Serving People is the place for you.
What do we need?
The primary function of the K12 Program Associate is facilitating and supervising educational and recreational after-school programming. The K12 Program Associate needs to teach with a philosophy of trauma-informed principles and culturally responsive care that is nurturing and supports the development of all ages in the center. Must be able to work and plan in a team setting, with patience, enthusiasm, and respect for children, as well as parents and fellow staff.
Responsibilities for K12 Program Associate:
- Facilitate and supervise curriculum for school-aged students.
- Perform administrative activities as needed to support the program.
- Implement and build on the trauma-informed practices built into our organizational philosophy.
- Administers basic first aid as needed.
- Encourages and teaches pre-literacy, communication, social skills, cognitive and other developmental skills
- Welcomes, talks with, and meets with parents.
- Maintains clean classroom appearance by organizing, cleaning, and sanitizing daily.
- Keeps track of any classroom supply needs.
- Maintains appropriate program records.
- Collaborates with colleagues and attends trainings as needed.
- Ability to modify lessons and/or work 1:1 with students needing extra support.
Requirements for K12 Program Associate:
- Familiarity with Minneapolis Public Schools
- Bachelor’s degree OR a combination of post-secondary education in child development or related and youth programming experience.
- Knowledge of Trauma Informed Care principles and models
- Knowledge of child development and emotional needs
- CPR certified or ability to complete CPR certification within 60 days of hire.
- Ability to develop warm and supportive relationships with children and parents/guardians.
- Highly experienced with Microsoft applications.
Pay and Benefits for K12 Program Associate:
- $20.80 per hour, 20 hours per week
- Schedule is Monday through Friday from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- 13.5 days of PTO per year
- Reduced cost parking or metro pass
- The chance to make a real difference in the community
To Apply and Learn More:
Apply by sending a resume to email@example.com.