educational services associate – full time
Educational Services Coordinator and Manager
Familiarity with Minneapolis Public Schools, BA, BS in Elementary Ed, Secondary Ed or related field. Strong desire to work with teens is a must.
TYPE OF POSITION
40 hours/week; Monday through Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
The Educational Services Associate is responsible for developing, facilitating and supervising educational and recreational programming and supporting distance learning for children ages 5-17 (primarily teens) at People Serving People. Ability to help students both individually and, in a group setting with online learning, including enhancing learning content and technology support is critical. The Educational Services Associate needs teach with a philosophy of trauma informed principles and culturally responsive care that is nurturing and supports the development of all ages in the center. Must be able to work and plan in a team setting, with patience, enthusiasm and respect for children, as well as parents and fellow staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Lead and facilitate distance learning specific to each student and their school.
- Have an understanding the social-emotional developmental needs of children and the impact of toxic stress and trauma on children and their families.
- Implement and build on the trauma-informed practices built into our organizational philosophy.
- Develop, facilitate and supervise curriculum for school aged students.
- Perform administrative activities as needed to support the program.
- Administers basic first aid and cares for sick children.
- Encourages and teaches pre-literacy, communication, social skills, cognitive and other developmental skills
- Welcomes, talks with and meets with parents.
- Observes and reports on physical, emotional, intellectual and social development of children.
- Maintains clean classroom appearance by organizing, cleaning, and sanitizing daily.
- Keeps track of any classroom supply needs.
- Participate in Trauma Informed Healing and Cultural Competency trainings.
- Maintains appropriate program records.
- Collaborates with People Serving People and Center of Excellence staff where appropriate.
- Ability to modify lessons and/or work 1:1 with students needing extra support.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Educational Service Coordinator and Manager.
- Knowledge of Trauma Informed Care principles and models.
- Knowledge of the developmental and emotional needs of young children.
- Knowledge of the methods and procedures used in a child development center.
- Knowledge of basic health and first aid techniques.
- Skill in coping with a variety of behaviors.
- Skill in working with children, their families and the public.
- Skill in evaluating situations.
- Ability to determine the needs of children.
- Ability to teach developmental, social, and emotional skills.
- Ability to establish a warm and supportive relationship with the children and their parents or guardians.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
Basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft applications. Understanding of digital meeting and learning platforms, and the ability to use iPads, tablets, chrome books and their applications.
- Two or more years of experience serving multi-cultural, socially diverse population desired.
- First Aid and CPR certified or willing to be certified within 30 days of employment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must lift and/or move 70 lbs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
People Serving People is an EEO employer fully committed to attracting, retaining, and promoting the most qualified individual without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We are dedicated to providing and maintaining an inclusive work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity. Individuals who have experienced homelessness are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Please mail or email cover letter and resume to:
614 3rd Street South
Minneapolis, MN 55415