inventory control/driver associate
TYPE OF POSITION
Full-time 7:30 am – 4:00 pm Monday through Friday. Overtime may be required on occasion.
High school diploma
The primary focus of this position is to pick up, unload and manage the various types of inventories going into and out of People Serving People’s Emergency Shelter.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Pick up and record donations from donors as deemed necessary by the Facilities Manager & Assistant Manager, Food Services Manager and the Development Department.
- Sort and distribute donations to the proper departments.
- Redistribute unneeded donations to other not-for-profit organizations.
- Unload and oversee the distribution of all deliveries.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance and maintain records of company vehicles.
- Keep company vehicles maintained properly.
- Assist the facilities team as needed.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Class D or better driver’s license
- Able to be DOT Certified
- Minimum two years’ experience driving a delivery truck
- One year of warehouse and inventory management
- Physical ability for high mobility
- Able to lift 75 pounds on a regular basis
- Clean driving record
- Be able to work in extreme temperatures
- Must be able to serve on-call when required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must lift and/or move 75 lbs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
People Serving People is an EEO employer fully committed to attracting, retaining, and promoting the most qualified individual without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We are dedicated to providing and maintaining an inclusive work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY
Please mail or email cover letter and resume to:
614 3rd Street South
Minneapolis, MN 55415