culinary service worker
People Serving People is the largest and most comprehensive emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness in Minnesota and a dedicated leader in homeless prevention. If you want to help transform communities and see families thrive, then People Serving People is the place for you.
What do we need?
We are looking for an individual who is interested in gaining experience in the culinary arts. If you want to develop skills in a fast-paced kitchen environment AND make a difference for families experiencing homelessness in Minneapolis – then this is the place for you.
Responsibilities for Culinary Service Worker:
- Work with team to ensure proper food handling and storage temperatures
- Wash dishware and return to proper storage area
- Assist in dining room and room delivery cart preparation and clean up
- Assist chefs in preparing ingredients
- Ensure proper storage of food and supplies
Requirements for Culinary Service Worker:
- Highschool diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to stand and walk throughout 8-hour shift
- Ability to obtain serve safe sanitation certification within 6 months
Pay and Benefits for Culinary Service Worker:
- $17.00 per hour
- 40 hours per week on a day shift. No late evenings, No hefty overtime
- Medical Insurance
- Company paid dental, life, and disability insurance
- Start with 27 days of PTO per year
- Reduced cost parking or metro pass
- Reduced childcare rates and parental leave
- Free lunch every day
- The chance to make a real difference in the community
To Apply and Learn More:
Apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related keywords: kitchen, dishwasher, full time, full-time, non-profit, kitchen assistant, kitchen team member, culinary