community fundraising & events coordinator
Community Relations Manager
BA in Communications, Journalism, Social Sciences, English or related field. In lieu of college degree, 5+ years of fundraising, events, or marketing experience is acceptable.
TYPE OF POSITION
The Community Fundraising and Events Coordinator is an exciting opportunity to build resources to end family homelessness by planning events, collaborating on donor strategy, and sharing our mission and work with potential and current supporters. Together with the Community Relations Manager, this position will help plan and execute People Serving People’s annual gala, school year celebration, and other fundraising focused events. To leverage the reach of People Serving People’s individual donor program, this position will work with the Individual Giving Officer to create effective appeal mailings and emails and expand the monthly and employee giving programs. To further community and supporter engagement, a combination of marketing and fundraising strategies will be utilized.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Annual Fund Coordination:
- Monthly Donors: cultivate new monthly donors, engage current donors, acknowledge donors’ impact
- Appeals: compose, design, and send annual fund appeal letters and emails in alignment with the annual development plan to potential, lapsed, and current donors
- Giving Campaigns: coordinate and execute giving campaigns including Give to the Max Day, peer-to-peer fundraising opportunities, and digital campaigns around events
- Employee Giving: identify companies with employee giving capacity, cultivate new employer-based donors, engage current donors, acknowledge donors’ impact
- In collaboration with the Community Relations Manager, plan, coordinate, and execute fundraising events throughout the year, including the annual gala and school year celebration
- Create, design, and execute marketing plans for fundraising events
- Identify event vendors, enter in to contracts with vendors, and lead relationships with the vendors
- Create new fundraising event ideas that coincide with donor interests, organization mission, and industry trends
- Lead team in solicitation of auction items for annual gala, track and organize donated items, and coordinate the silent auction.
- Follow event budgets and track expenses
- Gather stories for, write, design, and send email and print newsletters to supporters
- Create, write, and work with a designer to make an annual report
- Update the organization’s website as needed
- Create print and digital marketing asset sand work with an external graphic designer as needed on larger projects.
- Instill Community Centric Fundraising principles in all strategies and tactics
- Represent People Serving People at events, when needed
- Show donors programs and shelter facilities in a manner that emphasizes guest privacy and dignity
- Assist with other development department activities as needed
- Serve on the People Serving People’s Coordinator team
Trauma Informed Care – Commits to serving our guests in a manner that acknowledges their prevalence of traumatic experiences and responses; Strives to avoid inadvertently re-traumatizing others; Seeks to address and ultimately lessen the secondary trauma and stress experienced by staff serving highly traumatized parents and children by developing self-care plans for coping with vicarious trauma, secondary traumatic stress and compassion fatigue.
Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things. Has the ability to establish rapport and interact effectively with a wide variety of people including staff, clients and service providers.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Tolerance – Has the ability to work with a diverse population.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions, responds to management direction;
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Is able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Stress Management – Possesses the capacity to maintain personal control and a balanced approach to stressful conditions.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Adept at navigating data base systems and relationship management systems.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Team. Confidence embracing and using existing and new technologies.
- Experience coordinating events and projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior writing and verbal skills
- Familiarity with marketing and fundraising strategies
- Dedication to representing our guests and clients with respect and dignity
- High level of accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Dedication to approaching work with a racial equity lens
- Flexibility and ability to laugh is appreciated
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to represent People Serving People to a variety of audiences, in a variety of settings
- Demonstrated commitment to issues of homelessness, poverty, and social justice
- 1+ years in a non-profit fundraising or marketing position
- Familiarity editing content on WordPress sites
- Basic knowledge of graphic design using Canva and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Salesforce
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must lift and/or move 25 lbs. Must be able to work in-person.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can be loud at times.
People Serving People is an EEO employer fully committed to attracting, retaining, and promoting the most qualified individual without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We are dedicated to providing and maintaining an inclusive work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity. Individuals who have experienced homelessness are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Please mail or email cover letter and resume to:
614 3rd Street South
Minneapolis, MN 55415