People Serving People is the largest and most comprehensive emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness in Minnesota and a dedicated leader in homeless prevention. If you want to help transform communities and see families thrive, then People Serving People is the place for you.
What do we need?
We are looking for a self-motivated chef to join the Food Services team in preparing food for families experiencing homelessness. The Chef Associate will utilize product in a creative manner to produce high quality, from scratch food. This is a full-time, day shift role.
Responsibilities for Chef Associate:
- Prepare a broad variety of menu items in high volume.
- Assist in menu planning.
- Maintain the highest standards in food quality and in adequate quantity.
- Works with food service team to ensure proper food handling and storage in compliance with health codes and food safety requirements.
- Assist in dish machine area and dining room clean up.
- Serve as an ambassador to volunteers assisting with meal service.
Requirements for Chef Associate:
- 2-3 years’ experience in a high-volume food service operation required.
- Working knowledge of cost control techniques, volume feeding, and Minnesota Department of Health food regulations preferred.
- Experience working with people experiencing homelessness or poverty preferred.
- Must be able to obtain ServSafe Food Handler Certification within 3 months if not current.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 75lbs.
Pay and Benefits for Chef Associate:
- $18.00 per hour
- Schedule: Sat and Sun 6:00am – 2:30pm and Mon through Wed 10:00am to 6:30pm
- Medical and vision insurance available
- Company paid dental, life, and disability insurance
- Start with 27 days of PTO per year
- Reduced cost parking or metro pass
- Reduced childcare rates
- Free lunch every day
- The chance to make a real difference in the community
To Apply and Learn More:
Related keywords: cook, chef, food service, food preparation, line cook, restaurant, sous chef