assistant preschool teacher
The Center of Excellence believes children thrive in a community-oriented environment. We believe children thrive when their culture is reflected in the classroom, and the children and families experience a sense of belonging. If you want to help children and families thrive, then the Center of Excellence through People Serving People is for you.
What do we need?
The Assistant Preschool Teacher works with the Lead Teacher to provide a warm, loving atmosphere and classroom based on a philosophy of trauma informed principles and goals. The Assistant Teacher works with the Lead Teacher to support the academic and social development of children ages 3-5 years and their parents at the Center of Excellence Child Development Center. This is a full-time role.
Responsibilities for Assistant Preschool Teacher:
- Encourages children’s social, academic, and developmental skills
- Welcomes, talks and meets with parents as needed
- Observes and reports on the well-being of children
- Maintains a clean classroom by organizing, cleaning, and sanitizing daily
- Participates in classroom planning and facilitation of age appropriate curriculum
- Builds on the trauma-informed framework developed in the classrooms
- Implements sensory integration in the classroom in collaboration with the lead teacher
Requirements for Assistant Preschool Teacher:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- 2,080 hours as an aide or student intern in a licensed Child Care Program
- 12 quarter credits relating to Child Development
- First Aid and CPR certified or willing to be certified within first 90 days of work
- Must be able to lift or move up to 50 lbs.
Pay and Benefits for Assistant Preschool Teacher:
- $16.00 per hour plus a $2,000 hiring bonus
- Medical Insurance
- Company paid dental, life, and disability insurance
- Start with 27 days of PTO per year
- Free parking or reduced rate metro pass
- Reduced childcare rates
- Free lunch every day
- The chance to make a real difference in the community
To Apply and Learn More:
Apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related keywords: Teacher, Preschool, Pre-K, Daycare, Pre Kindergarten, Child Care Teacher, Special Education, Early Childhood, Assistant, Aide, Nursery, Head Start, Support Teacher, Development Center