People Serving People is the largest and most comprehensive emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness in Minnesota and a dedicated leader in homeless prevention. If you want to help transform communities and see families thrive, then People Serving People is the place for you.
What do we need?
We are looking for a service-oriented individual for our Full-Time Advocate Associate role. The Advocate Associate is to provide opportunities for stability to families through support, education, and resource referrals. Using Trauma Informed Care principles, the Associate is responsible for serving a caseload of families through building rapport and trust with them while assessing and providing resources for their individual needs. This is an in-office role without an ability to work remotely.
Responsibilities for Advocate Associate:
- Address concerns from other People Serving People staff and community agencies directly to the family involved and work with the family to create solutions.
- Recognize needs for mental/chemical health services and coordinate with Mental and Chemical Health staff onsite
- Use creative problem-solving skills to brainstorm solutions for a variety of concerns/issues/situations with families
- Organize and keep accurate records regarding the family in People Serving People’s CRM database
- Follow Mandated Reporting guidelines and MN Data Privacy Laws
- Assist with onsite services and events such as: groups, family activities
- Attend meetings, and trainings
Requirements for Advocate Associate:
- 4-year degree in social work, psychology, sociology, human services or closely related field. Relevant experience will also be considered.
- 2 or more years’ experience serving multi-cultural, socially diverse population
- 2 or more years’ experience working with the people experiencing homelessness and/or with adults/children with mental illness.
- A valid, Class D driver’s license required.
- Candidates with lived experience of homelessness, that are BIPOC, or another marginalized identity are encouraged to apply.
Pay and Benefits for Advocate Associate:
- $18.00 per hour plus a $2,000 hiring bonus
- Schedule: Daytime hours, Monday through Friday; occasional weekend/evening hours
- Medical and vision insurance available.
- Company paid dental, life, and disability insurance
- 401(k) and retirement plan
- Start with 27 days of PTO per year
- Reduced cost parking or metro pass
- Reduced childcare rates and parental leave
- Free lunch every day
- The chance to make a real difference in the community
To Apply and Learn More: