People Serving People is the largest and most comprehensive emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness in Minnesota and a dedicated leader in homeless prevention. If you want to help transform communities and see families thrive, then People Serving People is the place for you.
What do we need?
The Accountant at People Serving People is a key member of a team which provides management and analysis of the organization’s finances. This person prepares financial statements and ensures their accuracy through reviewing and entering transactions. The finance team values critical thinking, improving processes, and supporting team members. The Accountant supports all organization departments to build a stronger organization; together we exist to see families thrive.
Responsibilities for Accountant:
- Process accounts payables.
- Ensure entry of expenses in the accounting system.
- Enter charitable donations, including in-kind donations, in the accounting software and reconcile between finance and development.
- Prepare and submit reimbursement requests to external funding sources.
- Prepare and process bank deposits via remote system.
- Process payroll and related accounting entries.
- Track and reconcile balance sheet accounts including bank accounts, prepaids, capital equipment, fixed assets.
- Prepare financial statements and review transaction entry for consistency and accuracy.
- Assist in the administration of annual and project budgets within the Finance Department, and in coordination with other departments.
- Assist with audit preparation.
Requirements for Accountant:
- Non-Profit accounting and advanced Excel software skills strongly preferred.
- Abila financial software experience preferred.
- Payroll experience with third party system preferred.
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- High level of accuracy & attention to detail.
- Proven ability to be self-directive, meet specific deadlines, and work independently.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Innovative, critical thinker, and creative problem-solver.
Pay and Benefits for Accountant:
- $50,000 to $60,000 per year DOQ
- Able to work remote 2-3 days per week
- Medical and vision insurance
- Company paid dental, life, and disability insurance
- Start with 27 days of PTO per year
- Reduced cost parking or metro pass
- Paid parental leave and reduced childcare rates
- The chance to make a real difference in the community
To Apply and Learn More: